Identity: Anthony Stark
High-Yield Arc Reactor: The armor and Stark’s own body are powered by the high-yield arc reactor mounted in his chest. The high output of the arc reactor has given Stark the following:
Multi-Task: Stark is able perform up to 3 non-die-roll actions simultaneous to any other declared combat actions. For example, while fighting he can scan area, access data-files and conduct business.
Learning Capability: Stark is able to learn faster with Am ability.
Bleeding Edge Body Armor:
This entire armor is kept inside Tony’s body until mentally commanded in which it manifests itself as the Iron Man Armor. The armor is made up of Nano-Machines that can now be commanded to turn into any type of structure upon Stark’s skin. The Bleeding Edge Armor enables the wearer the abilities shown below:
- Body Armor: Am protection from physical damage.
- Personal Force Field:
- Amazing protection from Physical
- Incredible protection from corrosives
- Amazing protection from Heat and Cold
- Monstrous protection from Energy
- Unearthly protection from most energy attacks.
- Unearthly protection from radiation.
- He can divert all power from weapons systems and increase the energy output of his forcefield by +2cs to a maximum of Unearthly.
- Self-Repair: Monstrous, the nano-machines create a second layer of artificial muscle over Stark’s body, upon which additional structures are assembled. This also enables the armor to self-repair and be almost invulnerable as the armor is capable of transforming and healing itself, by having the constantly replicating nano-machines replace anything that is lost or used, as long as the power output from the arc reactor isn’t interrupted or terminated. As Regeneration at a rate of 10 pts/turn.
- ECM: The armor has Remarkable invisibility to radar and sonar.
- Computer: Iron Man’s Armor is controlled by an onboard computer system. His computer is able to perform the following:
- Flight Computer: Grants Iron Man Excellent maneuverability, and also a +2cs to any Agility FEAT that involves maneuvers or turns.
- Targeting Computer: Grants Iron Man +2cs to Agility to fire the suit’s weapons systems.
- Computer Link: Iron Man is able to link with computer systems, guarded or otherwise at Mn intensity. He may use this ability to scour computer files, access security records, see through security cameras, see through surveillance satellites.
- Systems Monitoring: Displays within the helmet inform him of the status of weapons and power level.
- Shape-Shifting: Amazing, the nano-machines can turn into clothes, other armors, or even different beings completely, by having the nano-machines change their properties into whatever Stark wants them to.
- Multi-Environment Life Support: The Armor’s internal air supply lasts more than 1 hour and can be sealed for travel through low oxygen, underwater or outer space environments.
- Energy Absorption: Armor has ability to absorb up to Unearthly Energy per round for up to 4 rounds. Absorbed Energy can be redirected into any of the armor’s weapon systems or force field, raising that ability score by +1cs above it’s maximum ability for 4 rounds or until the 400 points of energy has been depleted. Each round beyond 4 that energy is stored requires Yellow Endurance FEAT or energy is discharged in 1 area radius, including armor’s wearer, inflicting Remarkable damage. Armor provides no protection in this case.
- Override: Iron Man may consciously choose to override his built-in security mechanisms to raise various ability scores.
- Strength and Repulsor damage may be increased to a maximum of Shift-Y.
- Most other abilities (Judge’s discretion) may be increased a maximum of +1cs using override.
- The first round of override, wearer must make Yellow Endurance FEAT roll and subtract -1cs Endurance each round until armor is removed and repaired, in which case Endurance is returned to normal stats immediately. Appropriate statistics are lowered until repair is completed. Failure of Endurance roll at any time results in immediate suit compromise. Armor freezes and is useless until removed and repaired.
- Flight: Iron Man’s boot jets allow him to fly at Amazing airspeed and still perform most actions.
- By rerouting weapon’s systems to thrust, this can be raised to Unearthly, but no offensive actions can be taken.
- If used as weapons, Iron Man’s boot jets can inflict In damage with 2 area range.
- Iron Man’s boot jets possess enough fuel to operate for 100 minutes in airless environment such as space or underwater. This does not confer underwater or zero-g combat ability.
- Protected Senses: Remarkable protection vs. Sound and Light. Blindness only lasts 1 round max.
- Sensors: Amazing intensity at a 3 area range in the Chronometer, Radar, Sonar, Magnetometer, Atom-Force Microscope, Photon, Heat, Motion and other sensor instruments. Monstrous ability to communicate on s subspace/satellite communications array which receives local and video signals. In ability to translate all known earth languages and the better known alien languages.
Weapons Systems: The Bleeding Edge Armor has the following weapons:
- Repulsors: Monstrous Force, up to 10 areas. May inflict substantially less damage at discretion of user. Can perform the following power stunts:
- Wide Focus Beam: Iron Man is able to utilize repulsor as an area of effect weapon by using a wide-focus beam. Inflicts up to Incredible Force (-2cs from Mn) but will affect all targets within 1 area.
- Iron Man’s targeting computers allow him to simultaneously attack 2 targets, 1 repulsor each, with a decrease of -1cs to hit for increased difficulty, and -1cs damage as both beams no longer focused on same target. Simultaneous attack may use Wide Focus Beam with associated penalties as listed
- Uni-Beam: Chest-based multi-band light and energy emitter. Iron Man is able to utilize his Uni-Beam to perform the following actions:
- Heat Beam: Amazing
- Laser Beam: Amazing
- Light Beam: Monstrous intensity
- Tractor Beam: Remarkable
- Holographic Projector: Remarkable
- Pulse Bolts: Unearthly Force, 15 areas.
- Electromagnetic Pulse: Amazing ability to shut down electronic devices within a 50-yard radius.
- Sonic Generators: Remarkable
- Magnetic Field Generator: Amazing
- Explosive Shell Projectiles: Fired out of his gauntlets, the mini-energy bombs cause Remarkable damage to a target.
- Mini-Missiles: Fires up to 10 areas, Incredible damage to an entire area.
- Laser Torch: Built into the finger of the gauntlet, the laser torch cuts through Amazing material.
- Electrical Charge: The armor can generate up to an Amazing Electricity on the surface to dispel attackers.
Alter Ego: When not wearing the Ironman suit Tony Stark has the following abilities:
Bionics, Business/Finance, Cybernetics, Electronics, Engineering, Weapon Design.
As a former industrialist playboy, Tony Stark has numerous contacts throughout the engineering, business and entertainment world. He also has numerous contacts throughout the intelligence community, thanks to his former days as a munitions developer. Finally, he is founding member of the Avengers, and is a close friend and ally of Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, the Black Widow, Jack of Hearts, and Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. His personal confidants include James Rhodes (formerly Iron Man II; formerly War Machine I), Bethany Cabe, Harold Hogan, and Pepper Potts.
Anthony Stark was born to the family of Howard Stark (a wealthy industrialist) and Maria Stark, and inherited the family company at an early age. When he was in Viet Nam supervising his US munitions supply, he was fataly wounded in the heart and captured by communists who wanted him to build a weapon for them. Instead, he created the first of the Iron Man armors that would help his health as well as providing an escape. He was helped fleeing the country by James Rhodes.
Stark kept himself alive through the use of the armored chest plate, and played a dual role as industrialist / millionaire / playboy Stark, and bodyguard / Stark employee / adventurer Iron Man, stopping corporate espionage, founding and supplying SHIELD, and founding and joining the Avengers. Later, among various armor redesigns, Stark recieved a heart transplant, oblivating the need for his armored pacemaker chest plate.
Then, over time and during Stark’s long bout with alcoholism, Obadiah Stane managed to wrest control of Stark’s company and bring Stark to virtual poverty. At this time, Rhodes took on the Iron Man identiy. Soon, Stark and his friends were able to form a successful rival company, Circutis Maximus. After a while, Stark’s battle with Stane was brought to a head, and Stark regained control of his father’s company. Stark also began his recovery from alcoholism.
Soon, he discovered that technology developed by Stark Int’l was being used by armored criminals, and thus began a long “Armor War” as Stark tracked down all evidence of his corrupted technology. This led him to violate many laws, and even kill the Soviet agent, Gremlin. The US Army sent an armored soldier, Firepower, to apprehend Stark, who ultimately faked his death, using an “Iron-Man-as-Stark-employee”excuse to come back as Iron Man again.
Later, he was shot by Kathy Dare, an old girlfriend in an insane rage of jealousy. This left him severly injured, paralyzed from the waist down. He could, however, fully function while in the Iron Man armor, and he remained increasingly dependant on the armor until a microchip device was implanted in his spine to enable him to walk again. However, his body later rejected the implant, and Stark’s body was put in a cyrogenic freeze, after which Stark legeally died, and Rhodes took over running Stark’s business.
Stark recovered, however, and took on the mantle of iron once again, much to the chagrin of pinch-hitter Rhodes. Rhodes left Stark Int’l to become his own hero, War Machine, although Stark and Rhodes later repaired their friendship.
Subsequent activities led Iron Man to help disband the Avengers’ West Coast branch and set up Force Works, before he influenced by the time-travelling manipulator Immortus. Becoming a traitor to the Avengers, Stark murdered the Avengers’ nanny Marilla, Avengers’ associate Yellowjacket II, and even a Force Works public relations manager. Stark ultimately faught a younger version of himself (brought from the past to fight him,) with both heroes mortally wounding the other. Before he passed away, Tony Stark tried to redeem himself by providing plans for a pacemaker chest plate that would save the life of his younger self and would pave the way for him to be the next Iron Man.
This new Iron Man later sacrificed himself to the psychic-energy villain Onslaught, and was shunted to a pocket universe. Upon re-emerging from this universe, Iron Man was reborn into the body and the memories of Tony Stark as he appeared before Immortus’ manipulations. Finding Stark International bought by the Fujikawa Corporation, Tony Stark set up a new business for himself, Stark Solutions, as a technological consulting firm, and reassumed the Iron Man indentiy. Iron Man was on hand to reassemble the Avengers as well. Stark set up a new base of operations in his Seattle home, and eventually rescued the robot Jocasta, allowing her to interface with his mansion’s computer systems.
Tony Stark continues to adventure as Iron Man.