Identity: Asgardian God of Thunder
- True Invulnerability: As one of the most powerful Asgardian gods Thor’s resistance to injury is greater than the majority Asgardians. Thor has Unearthly protection from physical and energy attacks.
- Resistances: Thor has Unearthly Resistance to fire, cold, radiation and Toxins.
- Retarded Aging: This power grants Unearthly immunity to the ravaging effects of time. Thor only physically ages one year for every 100 years. He will age, just very slowly. They may still be killed normally.
- Invulnerablity: Thor has Class 1000 Resistance to Disease.
- Illusion: Thor can detect Illusions with Remarkable ability.
Weather Control: Thor is able to call upon the lightning, thunder and storm without his hammer however this is at Amazing rank.
Warrior’s Madness: Thor can enter a berserk state that raises his strength up to Shift-X for 1-10 rounds. At the end the Warrior’s Madness he must make an Yellow Endurance FEAT or pass out for 5-20 rounds. Thor’s strength level drops to Monstrous for 3 days afterward, regardless. Should Thor use other strength enhancements, the bonuses are cumulative. This means wearing the Belt of Strength his strength would increase to Shift-Y and damage from Mijolnir would be Shift-Z.
Unique Weapon: War hammer-”Mjolnir” is made from Uru metal, a Class 3000 strength metal. Mjolnir possess the following powers:
- Thor may inflict up to Shift-X Blunt damage with Mijolnir
- Thor may throw the hammer up to 10 areas away with the hammer returning the following round.
- Thor may fly up to Class 1000 speeds space and Shift-Z maximum in atmosphere
- By spinning the hammer, Thor may use it as a shield of Unearthly strength.
- Weather and Air Control: Shift-Y rank. Thor has all associated power stunts and can shoot lightning bolts from Mjolnir without summoning a storm.
- Dimensional Travel: By spinning the hammer, Thor may move into adjacent dimensions with Unearthly ability.
- Magic Detection: Unearthly ability.
- Light Blast: Unearthly intensity
- Absorption: The hammer can absorb blasts of up to Class 1000 intensity which must be redirected the following round, in any direction.
- Mystical Energy Blasts: Mijolner can fire draining blasts of mystical energy (on the force or energy column) with Unearthly ability, capable of slaying Asgardian gods. Thor refers to this energy blast as the Anti-Force.
- Life Support: While in space, the hammer provides Thor with Shift-Z Life Support allowing him to breath freely. Thor can naturally go long periods without food or water but must still breath and sleep(with the hammer).
- Only one who is worthy may lift Mijolnir. The wielder (other than Thor) must have 1000+ Karma, Remarkable Strength and positive Popularity. A non-living object must have at least Remarkable Strength to lift Mjolnir.
- Unfettered Might: Thor has developed a particularly deadly power stunt with Mjolnir which he seldom uses on mortal opponents. This is a Thrown Attack, with a “wind up” that increases dmg. from Shift-X to Shift-Y, and surrounds the hammer with a blazing blue energy-aura (use the Throwing Edged column for this attack). The friction-generated heat of the “wind up” is so immense that it causes Unearthly damage on Thor himself if he is not wearing his Gauntlets (see below). If Thor is wearing his Belt of Strength, while performing this power, dmg. is increased to Shift-Z. Thor is reluctant to use this power on mortal opponents, and as such looses half of his Karma every time he does so. Against rampaging foes of great power (such as Surtur, Fafnir, ect.) he does not suffer this penalty (they must be stopped at all costs). Thor may also attempt this as a melee Edged Attack (not throwing it), but is restricted to only one attack that round.
- Dimensional Rift: By focusing all of Mjolnir’s energies, Thor can create a rift in the fabric of the universe, breaking the barriers between dimensions. Anyone or anything caught nearby will be forces into the rift by a Shift-Z (Class 1000 if wearing his Belt of Strength) energy backlash. Thor can determine into which dimension the victims arrive in. This power costs Thor all of his remaining Karma points.
Belt of Strength: When wearing the enchanted belt, Thor’s strength is increased +1CS. This increase conveys a +1CS on the damage he can cause with Mijolner. Thor’s strength and Endurance is reduced by -3CS for one week after removing the belt.
Gauntlets of Might: Class 1000 material strength they provide Shift-Y protection vs. contact powers and prevent damage when using ‘Unfettered Might’ power stunt.
Asgardian Armor: Thor sometimes wears a suit of mystical armor wich provides him with Shift-X protection from physical and energy attacks.
Magic: Thor has also possessed the power of the Odin Force for a time, which has enabled him to be near all-powerful with a myriad of abilities at his disposal. These powers are considered to operate at the Class 1000 level. Some of which include:
- In Asgard, the Odinforce provides Class 3000 resistance to Aging, Fire, Cold, corrosives, Toxins and Disease
- Fire mystical blasts with Class 1000 rank when in Asgard. This drops to Shift-Z anywhere else.
- Dimensional Travel with Class 1000 ability to any adjacent dimension.
- Teleportation with Class 5000 ability, spanning galactic distances.
- Illusory Duplication: He can project his image across space and dimensions with Class 3000 ability
- Place enchantments of up to Shift-Z power on objects with Class 1000 ability. Such a spell lasts until he rescinds the enchantment or it is negated by a Class 1000+ power.
- Regeneration.: Class 3000 however this operates in the Asgard dimesion only.
- Spirit Vampirism: Class 3000 ability to absorb (or restore) all Asgardian life forces into himself, increasing his total Health. Asgardians remain in a coma until he releases there souls.
- Raise Strength up to Shift-Z for 1-10 rounds.
Weapons Specialist: Mjolnir, Bows, Blunt Weapons, Sharp Weapons, Wrestling, Occult Lore, Asgardian Lore, Mythological Lore, Leadership. In mortal forms has extensive knowledge of Medicine.
Avengers, Fantastic Four, Xmen, Asgardian Gods, Olympian Gods
Thor is at least 2,000 years old. He is the son of the Skyfather of the Asgardians, Odin, and an Elder Goddess, Gaea, though she is known to Odin and Thor as Jord. Because he is a union of Asgard and Earth, he has powers far beyond the natural abilities of other Asgardians.
When Thor was eight, he was sent by his father to Nidavellir, the land of the dwarves, so that he could have a special weapon forged. This weapon was Mjolnir, which would one day become Thor’s, but only after he had performed a number of good deeds. It was during the next ten years that Thor would strive to become worthy of the hammer, often foiling the plots of his foster-brother, Loki. Thor considers this one of the happiest periods of his life.
When Thor was eighteen, Thor finally earned the right to wield Mjolnir, when the young goddess Sif was captured by Storm Giants. Thor grabbed Mjolni and rushed to the Storm Giants’ fortress. There he learned that the Storm Giant King had given Sif to Hela, in return for immortality. Thor rushed to rescue Sif, and volunteered to give up his own life for Sif’s. Hela was so impressed by his selflessness, that she chose to release Thor and Sif.
Thor quickly rose in rank in Odin’s army, and came to lead thousands of warriors. His prowess in battle led him to become overconfident and arrogant.
During the age of Vikings, Thor was placed in mortal form by Odin, where he Thor was known as Siegmund, and later Siegfreid. The legends of these heroes from Norse mythology were in fact based on Thor’s exploits.
Thor actively sought the worship of the Vikings, until he learned of the atrocities some of his more fanatical followers committed in his name. It was then that Thor allowed the worship of his race to die out.
In recent times, Odin learned that if Thor was not kept safe from harm for several years he would die. This would cause Ragnarok, the end of the world, to have a worse outcome than had been foretold, and no new race of gods would rise from the ashes.
Odin chose to place Thor in the mortal form of Dr. Donald Blake, so that he would be safe, and he would also learn some measure of humility. This strategem was successful, but has caused Thor to become very attached to Earth, because of the love he developed for Jane Foster during this time. Odin disapproved of this, and erased Foster’s memories. Thor eventually dropped the Blake identity.
Next Thor took on the identity of Sigurd Jarlson, but this identity was short lived.
Thor was later merged with the mortal Eric Masterson, to save Masterson’s life. When Thor was banished for killing Loki, Masterson took over the heroic identity of Thor.
After a short time in banishment, and living merely as Thor, with no mortal identity, Thor was merged with the dead mortal Jake Olson, by Marnot, the third raven of Odin, given human form.